Sunday, May 30, 2010






This spring is a very busy one for Eric and I. I of course have thought of many projects for the spring and summer. Eric can't do alot because he had shoulder surgery in March. I do most of the heavy lifting. But thats okay I am in pretty good shape and nothing is more important to me than new projects.I decided that the front yard was boring. Understatement. It needed a retaining wall and more landscaping. I love to landscape. We finished the retaining wall yesterday. It is great. I first had to reduce the size of my lawn on the premise that we really don't want alot of lawn to mow once we get older. So it was reduced by half. We got rid of 2640 pounds of sod. And brought that much in retaining brick back in the truck. Poor truck. It is a half ton truck. But it did well. I will be buying the dirt for the flower beds this week. We gave most of the old shrubs away. We also put our river rock of Craigs List and got rid of all of it in a week. We also put our old cement curbing of craigs list and got rid of it in one day. My favorite new addition to the landscaping is a black birch tree. Instead of white bark there is black bark. The leaves are a dark moroon green. Very beautiful.

No comments: