Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Busy Summer

I think we are going to have an early fall. For the last 2 weeks it has only been in the 60'S. The nights are alot cooler than thay should be. According to the weather people we are 12 to 15 degrees below where we should be.

We are in the process of getting all the vegetables from our garden. We picked about 300 ears of corn on Labor day from our garden. I have frozen alot of the ears whole and then I scraped the corn of the ears and got 5 gallon bags of frozen corn. I have put up 2 gallon bags of green and purple peppers. I froze 1 gallon bag of hot peppers. I have canned 12 jars of beets and 7 jars of pickled beets. I am now waiting for the winter squash to finish ripen so I can pick them. My carrots will be ready to pick in the next couple of weeks, I will be freezing them. I wish I tomatoes would ripen a little faster, I would like to make salsa. Oh Well.

The weather rumor is that we are in for a longer colder more snow year than we have had for the last couple of years. I am prepared hopefully. I caulked around my windows. Hopefully sometime this winter we will put french doors upstairs and downstairs.

We are talking about raising our own chickens on the property we are barrowing. We are going to talk to the owner this weekend. I think that would be great.

It has been a great summer for me. A little short but productive. I was able to relandscape the front yard, finish the basement and camp once of month in our new trailer. I will be redoing my mothers bathroom in the next couple of weeks. I am collecting materials I will need. I need to do the new tile floor all in one day. So I bought mud that dries in 2 hours so I can tile and grout all in one day. I bought a new vanity that does not take up so much room. I am trying to make the bathroom more senior citizen friendly. Later this winter I will gut my bathroom and redo it. I am so looking forward to these winter projects.

I need to finish a quilt for Lisa and Jacobs new daughter. I love it when life is full. I love to be occupied.

No comments: