Wednesday, October 27, 2010





At the end of my week of vacation Karen and Bruce came to join us. Saturday the guys wanted to look at the lakes in the Pot Holes. There are a bunch of little lakes all over the Pot Holes. Bruce was scouting places to use his kyaks. We found some very beautiful little lakes. We came across a beautiful Heron. I turned my head away from him just as he was taking off so I missed a picture of him flying.
We came across a lake called Upper Goose Lake. Bruce and Eric got out to look at the surroundings and watched 2 men pulling out 3 trout in 10 minutes. Eric decided we needed to go on to Othello right away and go to Walmart to buy a rod and reel. He wasn't sure if he had left one in the trailer. So we bought one, got back to the trailer and found 2 more rods and reels. Andrea of course wanted to go fishing,then Bruce decided he would join in. The 3 of them took off and an hour and a half went by and I got a text from Andrea saying they got skunked. No fish. I thought, there goes that darn Clifford curse again. When they got home I told them how sorry I was that they didn't catch anything. Andrea says taa dahh!!!!! And held out a whole big bag of trout. They had caught 13 pretty rainbows. SOOOOOOO..... the next morning we had a big fish fry for brunch with the 8 of us. It was very tasty.Every body has decided that we will go back to the Pot Holes every October and fish more than the one day.

No comments: