Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Susan's Vacation Alone!!!!!

About a month ago I decided that I needed to get away for a bit. We have our trailer why not park me some where and let me have some down time. Eric and I decided Pot Holes State Park was the best idea. Not too far away but far enough. Eric drove me out there on Saturday the 16th of October. He stayed till very early Monday morning. The weather was so very beautiful there. It was between 65 and 70 degrees. The trees were just starting to turn colors when I got there and were pretty into full color by the time I left. Pot Holes State Park is a very beautiful and scenic park. I could see the lake from my trailer. I brought my sewing machine, lots of movies for my flat screen tv and my Kindle for all my books. I found out I could get my email and facebook on my Kindle so I was not all that out of reach. I put together a quilt while there and watched alot of movies. I took some walks and took pictures with my new camera that Eric bought me for my birthday. I spent my birthday camping.
I came away with a better outlook. I enjoyed being by myself. I was not lonely. The trailer was great. When everybody arrived we had dinners together in our trailer, the weather had turned icky. We were able to get 8 people and two extra chairs in there and it was not crowded. I had the best time. I am looking forward to doing it again.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

Wow, that sounds perfect! Great pictures, too - it must be a nice camera! - Happy birthday!